Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2014

What Would Education Be Like?

At faculty meeting today, we were posed the question: what would teaching be like if there were no formal assessments, no inflexible timetables, no credits, endorsements or targets?

Great - I should have been right in my element. I talk with friends at school about this on an almost daily basis. I'm inspired by and *listen to* others tweet about this daily. But today - block. Frozen. For what? For why?

Was fear immoblising me?
Was I concerned about being scorned, ridiculed, or rejected?
Why is it so easy to talk to SMT about these issues, but not faculty members?
Did the personal rebuff cause my silence?

I have ideas about all of these things - and in theory this was the forum to voice these ideas.

Creativity a team sport?
Guess I still have to work on that...

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear what you would have answered, Toni.

    ReplyDelete