Pages

Thursday 24 July 2014

Maui's Dolphins Co-Construction Day 3

Year 9s

This was there second lesson watching the film Dolphin Tale

Year 10s

I went through the research task with them and showed them what their work so far had created. They seem to have a much stronger grasp on what they are supposed to do now. I think without the paper copies in their hand, and without the task being solidified into something they could have in front of them and refer to, there were too many new things all happening at once. This way they have their 'map' their 'guide book' in a mode that is familar (even though I utilise docs a lot, it just seemed that the tangible was necessary to help step them through their work.

I'm seeing a lot of autonomy over modes of assessment, I'm seeing a lot of engagement. Students are really focusing carefully on their projects. It's good to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment